[vlc-devel] Project: Video Barcodes for VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Feb 10 12:41:00 CET 2013

Le dimanche 10 février 2013 12:05:09, vianney boyer a écrit :
> As an alternative, it may be possible to insert thumbnails (from keyframes)
> in the timeline?

It's pretty much the same thing as bar codes. The only difference is that the
aspect ratio is preserved. The technical difficulties are the same.

I know some online players do that. But I believe the pictures are precomputed
offline on the servers. To be honest, I don't think it's very realistic to
generate the barcodes within the media player.

http://www.remlab.net/