[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add support for rendering EIA-608 captions with a black background

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Jan 11 03:00:56 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> wrote:
> Le 10/01/2013 23:20, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
>> On 10 Jan, Devin Heitmueller wrote :
>>> Add support for rendering EIA-608 captions with a black background
>>
>> Why not inherit the opacity value? I don't get it.
>
> --freetype-background-opacity=255 gives me a black square covering more
> than half of the video with the captions text at its bottom

The fact that the Freetype background renderer draws a bounding box
around the entire region (as opposed to the actual text) is exactly
what prompted this patch.

That said, I should probably rig it up to disable the Freetype
background code for the CC decoder, in case the user has the
background opacity set to a non-zero value.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com