[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] update: use U32_AT

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 18 19:52:38 CET 2014

Le 2014-11-18 20:46, Rafaël Carré a écrit :
> Yes tests are nice.
> Their absence is not an excuse for regressions though, especially in
> that code.

Some people (not me) would argue that all code shall be unit tested and
that lack of unit test is actually an excuse for regression.

In my opinion, if there is no easy _portable_ smoke test, no automated
test, nobody to review and nobody to manually test, then pragmatically
it is bound to regress and/or undergo bit rot. That is moot because you
did review (and fix) it.