[vlc-devel] How to sequentially seek then step by frame

Jeff J complexzeros at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:59:53 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have written a function called input_test in src/input/decoder.c.
What I want to do is seek by calling

var_SetTime( p_input, "time", current_time - one_second );

then immediately after seeking is finished, call

input_DecoderFrameNext

to step one frame forward (or maybe just directly use
vout_NextPicture). The problem is that just putting these two
functions one after another, VLC has not finished seeking by the time
the frame step function is called.

How can I ensure seeking is finished before I try to frame step? Thanks.