[vlc-devel] issue with gettext version when configuring gpg-error

Gilles Sabourin gilles.sabourin at free.fr
Wed May 13 08:45:48 CEST 2015

Le mardi 12 mai 2015, 11:37:45 Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le 2015-05-12 10:58, Gilles Sabourin a écrit :
> > Hello dear vlc team,
> >

> > Generation stops when configuring gpg-error. Gettext version 0.19.3
> > seems to be
> > mandatory but my openSUSE 13.2 is only offering gettext 0.19.2
> >
> > Would it be possible to use gettext 0.19.3 from contribs and build
> > gpg-error
> > as a dependency of this one and not the one from the environment?
>
> No. Contribs is for host dependencies, not build tools. We cannot
> assume that gettext in contrib can be run on the build system.
>
> You need to update gettext, or use extra/tools.

Thanks, Remi.

I am still able to get a 2.2 binary on openSUSE and I guess that generation of
master stops because of af2fb08: a missing $(RECONF) has been added in
rules.mak of gpg-error which forces the check of the generation chain.

I think af2fb08 should be also backported in 2.2 bugfix branch,

Best regards,
Gilles