[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] access: dvb: scan: add basic support for DVB-T dvbv5 lists

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Apr 11 16:34:11 CEST 2016

On a related note, doesn't it make more sense to add support for
libdvbv5 rather than introducing your own parser and scanning
framework?  While the library is currently GPL rather than LGPL, Mauro
has suggested a willingness to relicense it to LGPL if needed by some
open source application.

Doing such would avoid yet another mostly compatible parser format
(the old channels.conf format had a variety of inconsistencies across
implementations).

Devin

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
> Le 2016-04-10 23:18, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
>>
>> On 10 Apr, Francois Cartegnie wrote :
>>>
>>> access: dvb: scan: add basic support for DVB-T dvbv5 lists
>>

>> Does that mean we can bundle scan lists now to speed up scanning?
>

> And so we have to ship a new VLC version everytime a country changes their
> transponders? Bad idea.
>
> And it's not hypothetical. Countries are deploying DVB-T2 one at a time.
>
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont
> http://www.remlab.net/

Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs