[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] JSON representation and Javascript unescaping

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 29 06:42:21 CEST 2020

> Since I'm the one attacked here, I will reply.
> I still think it's wrong. I'm allowed to say so. That's not a blocker
> for merging the code. It's just ugly and unnecessary. But as long as
> it never lands on Windows I don't really care.

Thanks for clarifying that you didn't mean it as a blocker. But please
stay constructive and don't be dismissive, that helps nobody. Of course
you care, and of course the merits of your opinion don't depend on
whether this lands on Windows.

Also, youtube-dl offers Windows builds, so it must be possible to enable
it on Windows. And Windows isn't the platform I would expect to be the
most problematic for running Python and keeping fast-changing code up to
date.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."