[vlc-devel] PATCH: librist based access and access_output modules

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Wed Feb 3 10:44:34 UTC 2021

Hi,

> +### LIBRIST ###
> +
> +librist_plugin_la_SOURCES = access/librist.c
> +librist_plugin_la_CFLAGS = $(AM_CFLAGS)
> +librist_plugin_la_LIBADD = $(LIBRIST_LIBS) $(SOCKET_LIBS) $(LIBPTHREAD)
> +access_LTLIBRARIES += librist_plugin.la

Since you use

> +dnl
> +dnl  libRIST plugin
> +dnl
> +PKG_ENABLE_MODULES_VLC([LIBRIST], [], [librist], [RIST input/output plugin (default auto)])
> +

You should write

extra_LTLIBRARIES += librist_plugin.la
+access_LTLIBRARIES += $(LTLIBlibrist)

And use «rist» as module name instead

+dnl
+dnl  libRIST plugin
+dnl
+PKG_ENABLE_MODULES_VLC([LIBRIST], [rist], [librist], [RIST input/output plugin (default auto)])
+

Also, $(LIBRIST_LIBS) would probably be better in its more generic
form $(LIBS_rist) here since you enable the plugin with this call,
and you'll need to add $(CFLAGS_rist) too.

Without this, you'll try to build librist_plugin.la even with
--disable-librist which would fail, and it would not work correctly
with librist found with pkg-config somewhere on the system.

Regards,
--
Alexandre Janniaux
Videolabs