[vlc-devel] Inquiry About Learning Resources for GSoC 2024 Contribution to VideoLAN

Aniruddh Agrahari agraharianiruddha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:41:08 UTC 2023

Greetings, VideoLAN Team.

I hope you are doing well and reading this. At Chandigarh University in India, I'm Aniruddh, a second-year BE (CSE AIML) student. I'm writing to say how eager I am to take part in GSoC 2024 and contribute to the outstanding open-source initiatives supported by VideoLAN.

I'm thrilled about the chance to join VideoLAN's open-source programme since I have a sincere passion for technology and an unyielding desire to have a significant influence. As a relative beginner beginning this road, I am fully aware of the significance of careful planning. I'm writing to you politely asking for advice on the tools and educational resources that would best prepare me for GSoC 2024 while aligning with VideoLAN's prestigious projects.

Fundamental characteristics that motivate me to advance are my irrational curiosity and commitment to technology. I can tell you that as a committed technophile, any resources you may offer will be enthusiastically accepted and used to the best extent possible. My passion for learning and discovering new opportunities knows no bounds, and I'm eager to take advantage of every chance to improve my abilities and make a meaningful contribution.

I humbly ask for your useful input on what programming languages, frameworks, and other skills are absolutely necessary for me to be successful in the GSoC 2024 application process. As I proceed down this fascinating route, any guidance on comprehending VideoLAN's projects, community norms, and preferred communication channels would be priceless.

Thank you immensely for considering my request. Your guidance will not only bolster my preparations but also amplify my potential to make a meaningful and positive impact as I aspire to become an integral part of VideoLAN's vibrant community.

Warm regards,

Aniruddh Agrahari

Second-Year Student

Chandigarh University, India