[vlc-devel] https://code.videolan.org is not accessible via IPv6

Artem Leshchev matshch at avride.ai
Thu Dec 7 09:43:52 UTC 2023

Hi, I hope this is the right place to report such issues.

We have noticed that code.videolan.org has an IPv6 address, but
refuses connections on HTTPS port when accessed via IPv6. This breaks
access from IPv6-only networks, because, due to the presence of an
IPv6 address, usual tricks for accessing IPv4-only sites (DNS64 and
NAT64) are disabled.

Please, enable IPv6 listener for HTTPS server on code.videolan.org or
remove IPv6 address from this domain altogether if you don't want to
support this case. For your information, this server already answers
via IPv6 on HTTP and SSH requests, only HTTPS is affected.

Thank you in advance,
Artem Leshchev