[vlc-devel] Request for guidance to prepare for VLC Qt redesign for GSoC 2023

Mohit Marathe mohitmarathe23 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:47:02 UTC 2023

Dear VLC team,

I am an undergraduate student at IIT(BHU) and I am writing to express my
interest in contributing to VLC's GSOC project. I have some experience with
C++/Qt and QML while working for multiple KDE projects like Tokodon,
NeoChat and Kalendar. I am excited to learn more and contribute to VLC's
project.

I have compiled VLC in my local system (Arch Linux). I would appreciate it
if you could point me towards some beginner issues or tasks that I could
work on to get started with the project. Additionally, any documentation or
resources that you could provide to help me understand the project
requirements would be extremely helpful.

I am committed to contributing to VLC's project and I am willing to put in
the effort required to learn and work on the project. As an undergraduate
student, I am eager to gain practical experience and work with an
experienced team on a project that has real-world impact.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from
you soon.

Best regards,

Mohit Marathe