[vlc-devel] Request to Start Localization for VLC Media Player in Urdu

Muhammad Abu-bakar Saif bsce21017 at itu.edu.pk
Mon Sep 18 10:03:43 UTC 2023

Dear VLC Development Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my interest in
contributing to the localization efforts for VLC Media Player in the Urdu
language. After checking the VLC website, I noticed that there is currently
no localization file available for Urdu.

I am enthusiastic about making VLC accessible to a wider audience by
providing a translation in Urdu. As a native Urdu speaker with a strong
command of both Urdu and English, I believe I am well-suited for this task.

Please provide me with the necessary localization files and guidelines to
begin the translation work. I am committed to ensuring the quality and
accuracy of the Urdu localization to enhance the user experience for
Urdu-speaking VLC users.

I understand the importance of maintaining open-source software, and I am
eager to contribute to the VLC community in this capacity. If there are any
specific instructions or tools I should be aware of, please do let me know,
and I will make sure to follow them diligently.

Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to your guidance
on how to get started with the localization process. I am excited to join
the VLC localization team and help make VLC accessible to Urdu-speaking
users.

Best regards,

--

Abubakar Saif

Interested in Computer Programming
Currently Learning OS
Studying in Information Technology University               افکارِ تازہ سے
ہے نمود
BSCE21017                                     کہ سنگ و خشت سے ہوتے نہیں
جہاں پیدا