Progress bar runs to end in 20 seconds!

John Mellor John at Kungfu-tse.net
Sat Jan 5 20:50:22 CET 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 04:00, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002, John Mellor wrote:
> >     Some DVDs seem to play perfectly, but I have one that fires up
and runs
> > whereupon the progress bar shoots to the end in less than 20 seconds
and
> > the whole thing then freezes. The video itself is still in the
opening
> > frames. Can anyone tell me what is happening?
>
>    What is the DVD title? Also, try to run vlc with the -vvvvv flags
> and send the log here if it's not too big, it may contain useful
> information.
>
> Regards

Thanks for reply, Sam. I cannot find a log but I did run it from the
terminal with -vvvvv and besides a variety of seemingly normal messages
there was a long succession of the following:
"vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81b6ba0)"
the no. in brackets kept changing. At the end of this sequence I had:
"dvd info: new title
ifo info: vts 2 initialized
dvd: title 2 vts_title 1 pgc 1"
after which it hung with the picture flickering and the Gnome interface
dead. Hope this helps. Incidentally I am using 0.2.91 for Mandrake. The
DVD is Castaway by DreamWorks.(DVD 688 219 2 . 11.

John