[vlc] Re: VLC 0.5.1 broken on OS X

Michel Alexandre Salim mas118 at york.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 18:56:27 CET 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 04:02 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

> VLC 0.5.0 works great apart from playing encrypted DVDs (see my
> the menu set to Japanese!

Replying to myself here, apparently the 0.5.1 image for OS X was
compiled without English support, so it just moved to the next language
(which on OS X was funnily Japanese...)

Funnily, once I change my language preference ordering so French is
second, the menu does not crash anymore... hmm

Regards,

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
and wrong.
                 -- H. L. Mencken