[vlc] Re: VLC Installation on Mac 10.1.5

laurak13 at bu.edu laurak13 at bu.edu
Tue Jan 28 20:14:15 CET 2003

 > Do you have QT5 at least ? Which OS X version are you using ?

Yes; I have QT5.  The OS is 10.1.5.

 > This looks like you're trying to read a region-coded DVD whose region
 > mismatches the one of your drive.

After reading this comment, I switched to attempting to play a DVD I
have watched on this same machine with VLC.  Again, the same error
window popped up.  If this were a region mismatch, I'd never have been
able to play this one before, right?  Or is it still possible that I
have a region problem?  Also, is there any reason you can think of that
I cannot install a working version of VLC now even though I've had one
in the past?  Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Laura Kuechenmeister