[vlc] Unable to stream from a audio CD

Itsik Boger iboger at qualcomm.com
Fri Nov 7 20:49:59 CET 2003

Hi Folks,

I am using VLC version 0.6.2 and I try to stream from an audio CD but with
no much success.
I tried to stream from a RedHat Linux machine to a Windows machine.
I can see the progress bar on the streamer side advancing but nothing is
heard on the receiver side.
I also tried to stream from Windows to Linux, but again, it doesn't work.

The command line I use to stream from my Linux box is:

vlc cdda:/dev/cdrom
--sout='#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=192.169.88.123:5000}}'

When I try to play the audio CD from the local CD driver, using VLC, it
works fine.

Your help is very apreciable.
Itsik Boger
Qualcomm