[vlc] Re: which download should I use

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Fri Sep 26 03:27:14 CEST 2003

You wrote:

> From: Mary Sloman <ineedthisstupidthing at yahoo.com>
> To: vlc at videolan.org
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:25:40 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: [vlc] which download should I use
>

> ====================
> I'm wondering if anyone knows the best download I can
> choose that would work for/on SuSE 8.2 (Linux), since
> I didn't see suse specific download options.
>
> Thanks,
> mary

I've tried to make the Red Hat version work with everything VLC officially supports.  If you can get it to work, I'd recommend it.  Compiling it from source is a little more complex, but it's always the best way to guarantee it'll work with your particular distribution.

Jason Luka
Red Hat Maintainer