[vlc] Re: hi...problem with vls multicast

sujay f2000479 at bits-pilani.ac.in
Fri Sep 26 13:56:08 CEST 2003

 sujay koduri wrote:
hi,

 You need a multicast route on your box. Some distributions put it there
 by default other don't. Anyway use this;
 /sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0

 If there is a router in your network or a gateway/firewall where the
 multicast has to travel through, then you need multicast router software
 too.

 Grtz,
 Jean-Paul Saman.

Thanq Jean,,
I tried to do multicast with the /sbin/route....thing even though i
failed..yes, this network has a switch in between the route the packets
are travelling...so plez help me in getting the necessary software for
that..

Also plez mention the link where we can get the GUI thing for VLS(not an
telnet interface);

THANX in dvance
sujay koduri