[vlc] VLC on redhat 9!

Ashraf Mousa ashrafkm at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 08:05:27 CEST 2004

Dear VLC users
I am very new to VLC. I just downloaded the red hat
binary yesterday (both VLC and redhat9 updates). when
I issued the command rpm -U vlc/* --force, I get the
foloowing errors

  error: Failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4) is needed by
mozilla-1.6-2
        libXinerama.so.1 is needed by vlc-0.7.1-2
        libasound.so.2 is needed by vlc-0.7.1-2
        mozilla = 37:1.4.2 is needed by (installed)
galeon-1.2.13-0.9.0

Would you please help me of how to find and install
these  missing softwares and liberaries!

Thanks alot
Cheers
Ashraf

=====
Dr. Eng. Ashraf  El-Kutb Mousa
Ass. Prof. Crustal Movements Lab.
National Research Institute of Astronomy and
Geophysics, Elmarsad St., Helwan, Cairo, Egypt
Postal no.: 11421
Tel(office) : +202-5549708
Fax         : +202-5548020
Tel (Home)  : +202-518-7001