[vlc] trancoding audio to plain mp3?

Ben Buxton bb at bb.cactii.net
Thu Oct 7 14:06:17 CEST 2004

I'm trying to use VLC to stream only the audio track of a DVB stream to
mp3 clients. Unfortunately I can only find options which require me to
specify a container format, which is not really useful for plain mp3.

This is the command line I'm using which puts the mp3 inside asf, but
I'm trying to put it as raw mp3.

./vlc dvb-t:<params> --no-sout-video --sout \
'#transcode{acodec=mpga,ab=96}:standard{access=http,mux=asf,url=192.168.1.2:1333}'

What transcode/standard sout parameters will get plain mp3 streamed?

Thanks,
Ben