[vlc] Re: How to select audio PID from DVB-S

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Mar 15 01:14:08 CET 2005

At 0:29 +0100 15/03/05, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
>stud188206:~/Development/vlc pjotr$ VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC
>--longhelp --advanced --help-verbose | grep pid
>       --sout-ts-pid-video <integer>
>       --sout-ts-pid-audio <integer>
>       --sout-ts-pid-spu <integer>
>       --sout-ts-pid-pmt <integer>
>           Allows a user to specify an extra pmt
>(pmt_pid=pid:stream_type[,...])
>       --ts-es-id-pid, --no-ts-es-id-pid
>           set id of es to pid (default disabled)
>
>I think the --sout-ts-pid-video family of options govern the outgoing pids.

--ts-es-id-pid is only useful for #duplicate{...,select="es=<pid>"}.
--sout-ts-pid-audio will unfortunately only work if there is only one
audio PID in the incoming stream. Otherwise it will be attributed at
random.

>They have no help available (SHAME ON WHOEVER ADDED THEM) unfortunately,
>but I think its safe to assume they are the starting position for
>audio and video pid assignment.

There is currently no way to assign fixed outgoing PIDs to incoming
PIDs working with any number of PIDs (and not just video audio and
spu), so don't look for it and start coding it :-).

--
Christophe Massiot.