[vlc] Re: --input-slave

faizal jeswent pvfaizal at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 16 07:32:14 CEST 2005

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I've been trying out different methods but couldn't get any success.

I even tried extracting the video and audio from a file which is played by VLC to separate files ( Again using VLC ). Then I tried playing the video.ts as master and audio as slave and vice versa. The message window displays the message "demux doesn't like DEMUX_GET_TIME. VLC plays only video or only audio!

Which types of files are compatible for use with the --input-slave?

Could U send me an example command line?

Thanks,
Faizal

Benjamin Pracht <bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:
On Thu, May 12, 2005, faizal jeswent wrote :
> Hi,
> I'm trying out the --input-slave command. The tv file is captured using vlc stream to file and video codec alone. The other is a normal mp3 file. Both files play independently,ie, vlc.exe "C:\tv" plays the video file and vlc.exe "E:\xxx.mp3" plays the audio file. I'm trying to play the video from the file "tv" and the audio from the mp3 file simultaneously.
> Is the following command line ok?
> vlc.exe "E:\xxx.mp3" --input-slave "C:\tv"
> Is there any other method I can use to play video from one source and audio from another source?

Well, AFAIK, the es demux (that will be used to read the mp3 file)
hasn't been updated to support input slave yet...

--
BigBen