[vlc] sout in url difference between 0.8.4 and 0.8.5

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Fri Sep 15 21:56:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have some problems setreaming with 0.8.5.

On the vlc_server machine I run

	$ vlc -I http

Then I start a browser on a client machine and use the following url (After adding a
file tot the playlist):

	http://vlc_server:8080/?sout=sout=#std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=:9090}

When the server is on vlc 0.8.4 this works fine and I can start playing with a

	http://vlc_server:8080/?control=play

And I can watch the file.

But when using 0.8.5 vlc it fails. Instead I get massive ammounts of output in
the terminal window I started the vlc server in. As if the file is 'played' inside
the terminal window.

Did something change in this interface?

On a side note: In the documenation
(http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/apb.html) the control=play macro
is listed as depricated. One should use the RPN functions.
But the control macro description shows how to use it in a url.
What would the url be for the control=play converted to rpn?

Thanks,

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.