[vlc] VLC shuttle

HowardHarvey hharvey at sa.chariot.net.au
Tue May 19 01:13:29 CEST 2009

Hi:

My wife is using VLC to play mpg video files as she takes notes from
them.  This presents some minor difficulties with short-distance
wind-back if the video is longer than about 30 minutes.

Would it be possible to incorporate a wind-forward/backward jog
shuttle (e.g. a thumb wheel or a slider with much finer resolution of
the normal track-bar) - especially showing new position as it is
actioned.  Even better would be live fwd/rev, but that is not as
essential.  These features are common in video editors, such as Corel
DVD Movie Factory which I use for production but is hungry on screen
real-estate as a player only.

TIA

Howard

----------------- "Any personal opinions are!" -------------
Howard Harvey    |  mailto:hharvey at sa.chariot.net.au
Houghton, 5131   |  http://users.chariot.net.au/~hharvey
South Australia  |  Skype: Howard.Harvey
-------- c = 1802617499785.254116 furlongs/fortnight -------