[vlc] VLC Media Player

bm341738 at albany.edu bm341738 at albany.edu
Wed Feb 3 08:49:14 CET 2010

Dear VLC Team,

I just wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work that you've put
into creating a smooth and fluid running player. I used to use Windows
Media Player and my computer just didn't have the power to handle it. I
love the player but when I watch one of my favorite movies to fall asleep
to, it goes back to the menu which is really loud. Unfortunately, it
usually wake me up.

So was also wondering if you could put a sleep timer into it. Kind of like
the ones tvs and dvd players have where you can set it to a certain time
limit before self closing because of inactivity.

I don't know whether that is a practical task to ask of programmers but if
it was possible I think that feature would be something impressive since
no other media players have a sleep timer.

Thank you for your time,

Brendan Mahar
bm341738 at albany.edu