[vlc] mkv bug?

Alejandro Fernández Haro yo at alejandrofh.es
Sat Feb 6 10:52:56 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm Alejandro, a really happy and faithful VLC user. I've never had to play
before any file in ".mkv" format but this week I downloaded some episodes of
"The Big Band Theory" and only could find them in this format.

The thing is I was so happily surprised when I realised VLC could open it
but, at the end of any chapter, the player freezes so I have to kill the
process. It happened to me using the last version of VLC (1.0.5) running
over Windows 7. I didn't try it in other OSes or versions.

What should I do? Or maybe is a VLC-codec fail?

Thanks for such a great player!
Alejandro.