[vlc] a very frustrated fan of VLC

teatab7 at hotmail.com teatab7 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 21:06:21 CET 2010

Hi.

First let me say that I love VLC Media Player. I've used it for several years and it is just so damn dependable! That being said....

Why the heck is it so hard to figure out how to get it to play a music playlist?!

I highlight whole albums of songs and click 'add to playlist', then I see them all in the playlist; yet VLC always just plays whatever track I had the cursor over when I highlighted them all and doesn't play the rest of the tracks when that one's done.

I am not computer illiterate, but I do have a very low tolerance for things that should be very simple and are not. I have tried various ways to get tracks to play one-after-the-other but I still always just get one song. Could I go online and find some forums to get this question answered? Yes. But do I think I should have to go online, search for a good forum to ask this question, then go through the process of creating an account so that I can post my question, then wait for someone who actually has the answer to give me a clear and understandable response - all while I can simply add tracks to Windows Media Player and it will play them all for me with no fuss and no confusion whatsoever? No. I do not think I should have to go through all of that when your main competitor has made it SO SIMPLE - like it should be.

I do not want to use Windows Media Player. VLC has been awesome for me and my friends, and I feel very loyal to it. I just want to know how to do this SIMPLE task, and I want to know why the way to execute such a simple task is not obvious.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Tim