[vlc] Use of vlc and streaming mailing lists

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 18 20:18:55 CET 2010

	Hello,

Over the last 10 days, I have noted 39 threads on the streaming and vlc
mailing lists combined. They were answered by:

Me:     14
Felix:   2
Jean-B.: 1
Other:   1
Total:  18

Nobody: 21

And in many cases, my answers were quite uninformed and/or unhelpful, and most
of them untimely. I have really enough of this. I have burnt out and I have
now set myself on "vacation".

If you ask me, those two mailing lists have become totally useless. Almost
nobody ever answers to questions. Closing them might actually do people a
service, as they won't be wasting their time and hopes. In fact, I guess the
web forums is working much better.

Best regards,

[Cc on reply if applicable]

--