[vlc] vlc usage questions

Ben Eichinger ben.eichinger at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 24 12:11:32 CET 2010

Dear vlcPlayer team,

I am working in a project with order to create a portable USB-device with video content (wmv) for commercial purposes.
We use java technologie. The content files will be stored encrypted. To show the content we want to use portable applications which are located on the usb-device.

To play the videos we want to use your solution. To specify this:
- We want to roll out your portable player.
- We don't modify source code.
- To show the video content file we use "dll-injection".
- As Frontend we use the vlc Player.

Is this okay for you or does it hurt the gpl?
Is it possible to customize the player so that the user can't save the video file?
We only need a very simple skin.

If the gpl is the problem: Is it possible for You to offer another license type?

Best regards

Thomas Engel

http://mail.yahoo.com