[vlc] Unable to send RTP audio packets after 24 hours

Ravinder ravinder.bhukya at zenmediasolutions.net
Tue Mar 23 14:08:04 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am getting a live multicast stream on my pc at higher bitrates. I have
transcoded the live stream and making multicast/unicast to the other pc and
mobile. What I observed is after running vlc in background mode (using –d
option) for 24hrs or so I am not getting any RTP audio packets from vlc and
I can able to view only video on the screen. On therhand if I restart the
vlc which is transcoding the higher bitrate multicast stream then I am
getting then I am able to get both video and audio again. But, after 24
hours  later from time of start of vlc again facing the same problem. Can
anyone help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Ravinder