[vlc] Fwd: Can't believe no one has the answer !!!

PK djc at resiak.org
Thu Oct 27 15:45:10 CEST 2011

 > As soon as a film starts playing, I can expect the user interface
 > to appear several times during the film without my asking for it.
 > I have never had an answer on how to solve this?

This can happen when a optical mouse is resting on a surface where it moves
a tiny amount because of vibration or being bumped; or where the mouse's
optical detector repeatedly (and falsely) detects tiny motions.  This can
cause the cursor to drift across the screen even when the mouse isn't
actually moving.

If this is what's happening, then not only the controls but also the cursor
will appear on your screen.

If you have an optical mouse, try turning it upside down while the video is
playing.  If that solves the problem, then the problem is unwanted mouse
motion.

djc