[vlc] [RFC] closing the vlc user mailing list.

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Mon Feb 6 20:11:17 CET 2012

I tend to agree on the basis that mail posters assume it is a support
route, but.....

========= IMO, this needs resolving first as you do need to be able to
actually get to it, & IRC as the only removal route is not adequate
===== (But at least the 403 message is now better, thanks)
If you get this page trying to login or register on forums, it means our
security system thinks you're using spam relay or your ISP address is
blacklisted. Another possibility is that your computer is infected with
malware/spyware and your browser behaves incorrectly, so please try
another one (i.e. Mozilla Firefox).

If you're not a spammer (or Firefox also gets you to this page), please
ask for removal on IRC

Could another universally accessible route be made available for removal
request?

In my instance, is not IP, is some browser detection/behaviour issue.
Mozilla/4.0 compatible MSIE 8.0 Windows NT 5.1 Trident/4.0 .NET4.0C .NET
CLR 2.0.50727 .NET CLR
My guess is that the .net entries are the issue, but as MS/OS force adds
these & even Admin/Group policy/Regedit can't seem to back edit this,
Windoze users with multiple .net might be left out. (Mmm, granted, some
may feel there is some justice here, but a lot of MS users use & like
VLC)

Guy