[vlc] VLC 2.x = low sound -> adjustment via equlizer -> no-sound

kenneth krabat krabat at menneske.dk
Sun Nov 24 14:20:00 CET 2013

I’m on a Mac OSX.9 Maverick, plenty of RAM, SSD, no other problems.

After Maverick with VLC 2.1.1 and my previous 2.x versions a problem has occured that wasn’t there during OSX.8. Actually two problems:

1. The sound is very low (2.0.5 and on - I have kept many versions)
2. Adjusting the sound in equalizer results in no sound, the next time VLC is started.

I may have managed to remediate the problem by removing .plists and other preference files, but the problem persists. I will patiently await a resolution, but in the mean time could you please indicated the files I need to remove

Library path(s) / folder(s) / name of files (.plist and whatever)

so I don’t lose other settings (playlists etc) - if that is in any way possible.

Thank you for your persistent and very fine work over the years.

sincerely
kenneth k