[vls-devel] Re: CVS Commit: vls (tooney)

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Tue Aug 5 21:21:01 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> >    Function :
> >                       "m_pConverter->GetNextPacket(C_Packet * Packet)"
> >    is replaced by :
> >                       "...->GetNextPackets(C_Fifo<C_Packet> * Packet)".
> >
> This convinces me that the whole module handling structure of VLS has to
>  change. It should have a more strict and yet flexible model, where it
> is easy to insert a buffer between two modules or threads instead of
> these private interface as it is now. You know I already mentioned this
> before.

Well, I don't think this is very private : a module that asks 'give me
as many TS packets as you want' is not worser than 'give me just one TS
Packet', is it ?

After some talks with damien, we thought that this change is almost
compulsory for certain converter, and it is not a problem for the
trickplay module nor for the interfaces between modules.

Otherwise, in the case of ps2ts and raw2ts, we would have to add a *new*
thread in the converter with a SyncFifo. Indeed, thoses modules only
output *several* Ts Packets.

Do you have better solution for the middle-term ?

--
Tristan