[x264-devel] [Tom Jacobs <T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk>] Re: Re: tiles

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Mon Oct 3 23:04:47 CEST 2005

 The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20051003-videolan/br-slice.jpg>

----- Forwarded message from Tom Jacobs <T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk> -----

From: Tom Jacobs <T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:34:06 +0100
To: x264-devel at videolan.org
Subject: Re: [x264-devel] Re: tiles
	autolearn=failed version=3.0.3

here is a graph from my work on slices/threading which shows the bitrate
affect of encoding using 4 slices on a QCIF, CIF and 1088p image. i can
find the graph right now but for HD images up to 16 slices introduce
bitrate increases of less than 10% 36db and 5% at 44db.

Tom

----- End forwarded message -----

--
System administration <admin at via.ecp.fr>