[x264-devel] Re: [Griffith Rees <griff.rees at gmail.com>] Re: Re: Problems compiling xubuntu ppc

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:27:28 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/19/07, Lists administration <videolan at lists.videolan.org> wrote:
> The deleted attachment is at:
>     <http://lists.videolan.org/attachs/20070119/makeClean.error>
>
> The deleted attachment is at:
>     <http://lists.videolan.org/attachs/20070119/make-mpim-altivec.error>
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Griffith Rees <griff.rees at gmail.com> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:33:15 +0000
> From: Griffith Rees <griff.rees at gmail.com>
> To: x264-devel at videolan.org
> Subject: Re: [x264-devel] Re: Problems compiling xubuntu ppc
>
> Sorry for the wait. Neither worked. -mpmi-altivec was not recognized (see
> attached error log) and make clean; ./configure; make returned the same error I
> had before (as one would expect).
>
> Hopefully, giving you the full error log will make a difference. Thanks again,

I have an account on a Linux/ppc64 over at osuosl.org.
They only provide gcc 3.4, which has never really been supported by
x264 as far as I can remember (before my altivec code was merged, the
code did compile with gcc3.3, but regression tests were failing. With
current version, it just doesn't compile with gcc3, which I think is
OK since it "avoids" to build a broken binary that silently fails).

I just asked osuosl's support team if they could install gcc4 to be
able to reproduce your problem.
Let's wait and see what they will have to say about this.

Guillaume