[x264-devel] Encoding parameters for streaming

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:20:42 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Ivan Alen Fernandez
<ivan.alen at uclouvain.be> wrote:
> I use VLC, the way this works better is when i sue bitrate 1000 and pass
> 1. If i use also pass 2 it works much worse and it gets stuck when
> streaming.
> With the peak rate and the buffersize i didnt obtain any good results, the
> best with pass 1 without executing pass 2 afterwards
> I dont understand what is going on here?

I am not psychic.  "didn't obtain any good results" is not an error
message or a particular problem, in fact, it could be one of a
thousand things, of which I have no idea what your actual problem is.

I gave you a set of instructions to follow, and it's not even clear to
me whether you followed them or not, let alone what happened after you
did.  Furthermore, this is x264-devel, not VLC-devel or some other
mailing list: this is for x264, not for VLC.  If you want help with
VLC, go elsewhere.

Dark Shikari