[x264-devel] Fwd: Attention: Bug ID 8296253: Live HTTP stream causes iPad to reboot after some time

aviad rozenhek aviadr1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 18:53:29 CEST 2010

Dear Experts,

I used x264 r1629 to encode video for ipad. when played in quicktime, it
occasionally reboots (goes into "panic mode" in apple terms).
apple has identified the bug on their side as something to do with the
idr_pic_id being very large.
is there some way to tweak x264 settings so as to workaround the bug in
ipad?

original message from apple below:

Begin forwarded message: