[Android] TODO

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:58:32 CEST 2012

> UI Movie:
>  - difficult to understand the arrows, because it is not separated from
>   the main button. Maybe a split would be useful. Or another icon
>  - I like the egg, but users don't understand it. CF all forum posts.

Removed & replaced by back/play/forward buttons (for now).
I'll eventually re-add it as an option (that's also why i didn't remove it
from resources).

>  - Preview has a weird translucent bar, that is not useful.

Behind the title ? it's meant to make it more readable in case the preview
is too bright.

>  - Preview does not let one play the movie? WTF?

Maybe add a play button somewhere, or use the preview image as a button to
start playback ?

 - The codecs are displayed, but not the language for audio, right?

Yep, it's available in the core, but not exposed through libvlc (same for
other infos like chroma, fps, bitrate ...).
It must be added to be added to libvlc_media_track_info_t structure, but i
was too lazy to do it :p

>  - Should we invert the lock and the fullscreen button?

Button on the right is easier to reach for me (i'm right handed), and the
fullscreen one is more usefull than the lock one, so i'd say yes, but not
everyone is right handed :p

  - The red color is very weird since the rest of the UI is orange.

Done

UI Main:
>  - Should the scanning small bar be on the top or the bottom? Now, it
>   feels weird because it moves the items down.

True, i agree. at the bottom it will be like a status bar. Done.

 - Sort by and Refresh should be on the same line, prefs/About in the
>   other one.

We can only change the order of the items, the split by line is done by the
OS.
I changed the menu to Sort | Refresh | Prefs | About.