[Android] res: Remove some mentions of the apocalypse

Adrien Maglo magsoft at videolan.org
Wed Dec 26 18:13:28 CET 2012

Le 26/12/2012 12:44, Ludovic Fauvet a écrit :
>  > By the way, if you expect better performance from the OpenGL vout, I
> think you could be disappointed. There are several points that make me
> think that it might not be so interesting.
>
> That's surprising. Most of the current performance loss is due to the
> chroma conversion / drawing... How could the OpenGL module not being
> able to address those issues?

Until now, the shaders haven't worked with OpenGL ES. I tried a lot, but
I didn't manage to get a correct image with the shader chroma
conversion. I don't knwon if anybody else is working on this.
So currently, the chroma conversion must be done in software mode, which
is the same as now. And in this case, the OpenGL vout doesn't have a big
interest in my opinion.

There is also a problem of texture unpacking. In OpenGL ES 2.0, the data
in the texture must be continuous: the data for a new pixel line must be
located just after the data of the previous line. But I think this can
be asked to the core, no? If not, this involves additional memory copies...

--
MagSoft