[Android] [videolan.mobile at gmail.com: Fwd: VLC for Android Beta - Feedback and issues]

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sun Dec 30 18:05:08 CET 2012

Hello,

Le 30/12/2012 12:27, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> Some interesting points.

Which one exactly?

My brother lent me a Sony Xperia U20i with such a keyboard.
It's running 2.1 though.

Sliding keyboard in or out does change the screen orientation (keyboard
in = portrait, out = landscape), and rewinds a bit the movie (till last
keyframe?).

If the video just started, it starts again at 0:0.
If the video was at 0:12, it goes back to 0:08 (MrSmith sample)

>> 2) I can't forward or rewind the film. The timeline-indicator does not move.

unseekable file, not android specific

>> 4) The sweeping-sensitivity of this app is very poor. I compare to, what I
>> think is your main rival; BS Player for android: BS Player has almost
>> everything VLC should have. The only thing VLC currently does better than
>> BS Player, is having a larger amount of codecs (being able to open more
>> formats) and much shorter loading time: both shorter app-loading, and file
>> desktop devices.
>>
>> So this is what I would like VLC to have (in addition to the issues already
>> mentioned):
>>
>> - more stable software. Fix the previously mentioned issues!

duh!

>> - More options for color management, software calibration and optimation.

I'm with the gnome side: less options would be nice!

I'll ignore what "optimation" means, but I have no clue what he means by
color management and software calibration.
16-255 vs 0-239?

>> - Auto search for subtitles (goes for Computer-version too)

Illegal

>> - Audio/subtitle sync options

Could be useful indeed, but I don't think libvlc allows it atm :/
On the interface side, we could use a slider with log scale?

?

>> - Hardware acceleration

Do we really need more options when the one complaining about lack of
options do not even look the existing ones?