[Android] Fwd: [UPX] android shared objects without UPX

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:12:21 CEST 2012

> I didn't test yet but I expect the size of the decompressor to be well
> below 100K.
>
> http://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html has public domain 7z decompressor in Java,
> C, asm etc...

I used the java decompressor on another app, it works well, but the C
version should be a lot faster :p

We could either use /data/data/something as temporary storage and delete
> the decompressed .so on exit, or leave it there permanently (and just
> decrease the size of download without effect on internal storage).

Yep, i think we should unpack it to
/data/data/org.videolan.vlc/libvlcjni.so and leaving it there. we also need
to handle the version.