[Android] [vlc-android] H264 1080p perf issue

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Mon Feb 18 20:42:49 CET 2013

Hi again,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Martin Storsjö wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Hugues FRUCHET wrote:
>
> Please do note that VLC will not try to play things back faster than realtime
> by default - or does the patch from Rafaël make it decode as fast as
> possible? - After trying to apply the changes from the previous mail and
> trying to play back a video, it still plays back at normal speed.

Sorry, I miscompiled things when trying to test it. Now it actually does
try to play things back at full speed, as it should - then it does make
sense.

> One 1080p H264 sample I can share is
> http://albin.abo.fi/~mstorsjo/bbb_1080p.mp4.

With Rafaël's patch, I can play back this 60 second sample in 35628 ms, so
it can play back 1080p content at over 41 fps at average, with all the
extra overhead incurred by VLC.

// Martin