[Android] Android locales

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sat May 25 10:59:26 CEST 2013

Hello!

With automatic fetching of (incomplete) translations for the android
nightlies, there are suddenly some more languages needing an android locale.

I just tested some of them.

Working (in a sense that the data is used, even if I see mostly spaces
on my screen) are for example:
zh-rCN
my
or

Not working
bn-rIN   (Bengali India)
ne_NP    (Nepali Nepal)
gu_IN    (Gujarati India)

ne_NP should be fixed simply by mapping it to ne, but I really thought
bn-rIN would work. What's my problem here?
Is the Chinese version (zh-rCN) a special case for regional codes?

Then there is
ca at valencia (Catalan Valencia)
I will simply ignore this, for there is a ca version, which should suffice.

Regards

Christoph