[Android] New OpenGL ES 2.0 vout for the Android port

Adrien Maglo magsoft at videolan.org
Tue Nov 5 17:04:33 CET 2013

Hey all,

Here are a new series of patches (cleaner than the first ones) to add an
OpenGL ES 2.0 vout to the Android port. They should apply to latest
vlc-android.git and vlc.git. I tested them on a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 7
2nd version.
I had to create a new vindow provider in VLC in order to handle Android
native windows. I also added an option in the app debug section to
select between the androidsurface (default) and new OpenGL ES 2.0 vout.

In order to compile with the patches you may have to add the following
lines to the files:

* vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/lib/pkgconfig/egl.pc
Name: EGL
Version: 1.1
Libs: -lEGL
Cflags:

* vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/lib/pkgconfig/glesv2.pc
Name: GLESv2
Version: 2
Libs: -lGLESv2
Cflags:

I would be interested by a better solution from someone who understand
the build system...

Your reviews would be of course very much welcomed.

Best regards,

--
MagSoft