[Android] [TROLL] Audio GUI: should we keep the stop button?

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne at videolan.org
Fri Jan 17 17:18:37 CET 2014

Hello,

On 17.01.2014, at 16:29, Alexandre Perraud <4leyx4ndre at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would say we should not keep the Stop button, I agree with Adrien's points.

Same for me. Stop is confusing for using and personally, when pausing stuff, in most cases, it will become a stop later as hours on, I decide to play something else. IMO, stop is only needed for networking streams, but then again, this could be hidden from the user. Let's say s/he pauses a network stream, we would actually pause it. But now s/he goes on navigating to other parts of the app or actually leaving it, we could really stop the network stream (instead of time-shifting) after a time-out.

> But by the way, we need a button, to REALLY quit the app (kill ?), it's a very requested feature.

I'm might be too ignorant of the Android platform, but why (?!!1?) would you want such a thing? isn't there a task manager for this? and the home button which puts the app to the background until it is eventually being killed by the OS?

Cheers,

Felix