[Android] VideoPlayerActivity: handle navigable media (DVD, Blu-Ray)

Felix Abecassis felix.abecassis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:58:47 CEST 2014

> On 07 Jul, Felix Abecassis wrote :

> > felix.abecassis at gmail.com> | Fri Jul  4 15:48:31 2014 +0200|
> > [c5190950a94cad33cb155de58d9c15ecf82245e3] | committer: Felix Abecassis

> > > We have an important issue with the 0.9.7 release, maybe related to
> this
> > > one commit:
> > >  - "This latest update has lost the interface controls, now not able to
> > >  pause, or access the screen size options."
> > >  - "Yup. Also having 'no control interface'-issue when playing videos;
> > >  can't even pause it! "
> > >  - "Videos have no menu. Thus not pausierbar, nothing adjustable"
> > >  - "Nexus7 I can't seek and see video menu options... Please fix"
> > >  - "After the upgrade panel lost rewind, lock button and a status bar."
> > >
> > > If someone has an urgent idea to fix, please share :)
> >
> > Yes it's probably caused by this commit. You can temporarily set
> mIsNavMenu
> > to false and it should avoid hiding the overlay while I investigate the
> > issue (tomorrow morning).
>
> I think the DEFAULT should be displayed ON, and disabled ONLY when DVD
> are played back.

That was my goal. However I don't think there is a nice way to detect DVD
playback currently.

Videos can have chapters indeed, but the store version is also broken for
videos without chapters. This is apparently caused by a bug in the core,
libvlc_get_chapter_count_for_title() returns random garbage for some
samples (e.g. 1976853078 chapters for one sample). This is caused by a lack
of error checking in libvlc_media_player_get_chapter_count_for_title(), the
return value of var_Change is not tested and thus we return an
uninitialized value if var_Change failed (for instance in case of
VLC_ENOVAR).

--
Félix Abecassis
http://felix.abecassis.me