[Android] VideoPlayerActivity: handle navigable media (DVD, Blu-Ray)

Felix Abecassis felix.abecassis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:34:38 CEST 2014

> Hi Felix,
>
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Felix Abecassis
> <felix.abecassis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is apparently caused by a bug in the core,
> > libvlc_get_chapter_count_for_title() returns random garbage for some
> samples
> > (e.g. 1976853078 chapters for one sample). This is caused by a lack of
> error
> > checking in libvlc_media_player_get_chapter_count_for_title(), the return
> > value of var_Change is not tested and thus we return an uninitialized
> value
> > if var_Change failed (for instance in case of VLC_ENOVAR).
> >

> Is it possible/easy enough to get this bug in core fixed?

It looks simple, I've submitted a patch and I will push it and backport it
if there are no comments.
With the title count check you've added and this fix, the application
should correctly handle videos with chapters and DVD playback.
We will do more testing with these fixes, if DVD/menus are too often not
detected correctly, then we should definitely add a list of titles as you
suggested.

> Thanks,
> Edward Wang

Félix Abecassis