[Android] VideoPlayerActivity: hack to fix lost overlay controls

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Mon Jul 7 16:13:58 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Felix Abecassis
<felix.abecassis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If the titles are unnamed in some media, wouldn't they show up unnamed
>> in all media players? Then VLC for Android isn't missing or breaking
>> anything.
>

> Of course, but my point was: should we keep a simple menu button or should
> we have selection list that might end up totally confusing, for instance:
> - Unnamed title 0
> - Unnamed title 1
> - Unnamed title 2

Does VLC for Desktop do this as well for those kinds of media? In that
case, I'm afraid that then it's not VLC for Android's fault.

Perhaps have the menu title prominently displayed at the top, so:

-Menu
-Title 1
   -Chapter 1
   -Chapter 2
-Title 2
   -Chapter 3
etc.

The bigger problem is that, as you mentioned earlier, there isn't a
really reliable way to detect DVDs menus, so I'm not 100% sure it will
work. It would also be confusing for "Menu" to show up on a MKV or
something.

Regards,
 Edward Wang