[Android] Update the versionCode to a more complete one

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Feb 6 08:12:04 CET 2015

On 05 Feb, Edward Wang wrote :
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> > On 06 Feb, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote :
> >> Update the versionCode to a more complete one
> >>
> >> versionCode scheme is T MM NN RR AA
> >> T: Target/Flavour (0 for Android, 1 for ATV, 2 for Chrome?)
> >> MM: Major version from 00 to 99
> >> NN: Minor version from 00 to 99
> >> RR: Micro/Revision version from 00 to 99
> >> AA: ABI from 0 to 99
> >
> > Ideas about this, are welcome :)
>
> Any particular rationale for the order of the architectures?

Yes, the oldest are with the lower number.

The issue, is of course, devices that can claim multiple architectures,
like ARMv7 that can run any ARMv6, or x86, that claims to suppport ARMv7
(through emulation) and we want to avoid that.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734